1. So, you want to know what it’s like to serve on a Diesel Submarine, I’ll try and explain!
2. Obtain a large commercial dumpster. Paint it black, weld all the covers shut except one which can be bolted closed from the inside. Hitch it to the back of your wife's vehicle. Gather 12 new friends, bolt yourselves inside and let your wife pull it around for several weeks while she does the errands.
3. Sleep on the shelf in your closet. Replace the closet door with a curtain. Four to Six hours after you go to sleep, have your wife whip open the curtain, shine a flashlight in your eyes, and mumble "Sorry, wrong rack".
4. Don't eat any food that you don't get out of a can or have to add water to.
5. Paint all the windows on your car black. Drive around town at high speeds with your wife standing up in the sunroof shouting course and speed directions to you.
6. Renovate your bathroom. Build a wall across the middle of your bathtub and move the showerhead down to chest level. If you ever do take a shower, make sure you shut off the water while soaping and dry off in the shower.
7. Repeat back everything anyone says to you.
8. Sit in your car for six hours a day with your hands on the wheel and the motor running, but don't go anywhere.
9. Put lube oil in your humidifier instead of water and set it to "High".
10. Don't watch T.V. except movies in the middle of the night. Also, have your family vote on which movie to watch, and then show a different one. Watch The Sound of Music at least every other night.
11. Don't do your wash at home. Gather your neighbor’s clothes along with yours, pick the most crowded Laundromat you can find, and do the neighborhood laundry in a single washer and dryer. Make sure that 12% of the laundry is lost and 20% of the finished laundry is incorrectly distributed to the wrong neighbor.
12. Leave your lawnmower running in your living room six hours a day for proper noise level.
13. Have the paperboy give you a haircut.
14. Take hourly readings on your electric and water meters.
15. Sleep with your dirty laundry.
16. Invite guests, but don't have enough food for them.
17. Buy a broken exercise bicycle and strap it down to the floor in your kitchen.
18. Buy a trash compactor and use it once a week. Store up garbage in the other side of your bathtub-shower with the potatoes.
19. Wake up every night at midnight and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on stale bread, if anything. (Optional--canned ravioli, cold soup, or cherry peppers)
20. Make up your family menu a week ahead of time without looking in your food cabinets or refrigerator.
21. Set your alarm clock to go off at random times during the night. When it goes off, jump out of bed and get dressed as fast as you can, then run out into your yard and break out the garden hose and see if anything is on fire.
22. Once a month take every major appliance completely apart and then put them back together.
23. Use 18 scoops of coffee per pot and allow it to sit for 5 or 6 hours before drinking.
24. Invite at least 85 people you don't really know to come and visit for a couple of months.
25. Store your eggs in your garage for two months and then cook a dozen each morning.
26. Have a fluorescent lamp installed on the bottom of your coffee table and lie under it to read books.
27. Periodically check your refrigerator compressor for "sound shorts".
28. Put a complicated lock on your basement door and wear the key on a lanyard around your neck.
29. Lockwire the lugnuts on your car.
30. When making cakes, prop up one side of the pan while it is baking. Then spread icing really thick on one side to level off the top.
31. Every so often, yell "Emergency Deep", run into the kitchen, and sweep all pots/pans/dishes off of the counter onto the floor. Then, yell at your wife for not having the place "stowed for sea".
32. Put on the headphones from your stereo (don't plug them in). Go and stand in front of your stove. Say (to nobody in particular) "Stove manned and ready". Stand there for 3 or 4 hours. Say (once again to nobody in particular) "Stove secured". Roll up the headphone cord and put them away.
33. Write a controlled work package to change the oil on your car.
Of course this is only a partial list, but hope you get some idea!